Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Year Round Skiing in Texas! Coming Soon...

How great that I can finally make it to a mountain again real soon. I love skiing but haven't had the time the last few years to get away and go, and my wife isn't a big fan of the snow. Well starting Fall of '09, I'll only have to drive to Ft. Worth! Which may be every weekend or every chance I can get. Bearfire Resort is coming to Ft. Worth to be the first year round skiing vacation spot!

They'll have the first man made mountain and a synthetic surface to ski on covering 65,000 meters, which is about 16 acres of ski terrain. There will be a 600 room hotel, convention center, shops and retail and I'm sure there will be weddings! Not only will it be just ski runs, but snowboard half pipes, sledding, ice skating, indoor snow park for the kids with toboggan runs, ice climbing walls and more. My birthday is coming up next month if you're looking for my gift... a year round ski pass would be great!

See the website

See the press release on Snowflex

No comments: