Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hump Day Harmonics

Todays edition of HDH is... drumroll please...

The Dandy Warhols - Welcome to the Monkey House (actually the next twenty or so bands will all have a resounding theme that I will touch on, since I learned about each band from one source).



The Dandy Warhols stole the name from a play on Andy Warhol of course, but they have been around for a few years. When trying to come up with a new band, album or whatever each week, I decided to touch on source of music inspiration for several years or should I say seasons. I had actually heard of the Dandy Warhols from their song "Bohemian Like You" (video contains nudity) which got quite a bit of radio play. Then you didn't hear much from them again... until I heard "We Used to be Friends" and I was hooked! Actually the entire album (name stolen from the Kurt Vonegut book) is great, so if you haven't listened... go check it out.

No comments: