Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Hump Day Harmonics

Hump Day Harmonics will be the new installment to force me to continually update this blog on a regular basis... So on Hump Day you'll get to learn a little about a new album, artist or just something I have been wearing out on the iPod. I have been posting about music for a while, but finally decided I could do something every week on it and never run out of stuff.

So today's first is a band that had their big hit early on in my college days with this very song that still makes it on my playlist quite frequently.

PORTISHEAD - SOUR TIMES



The new album titled Third is chock full'o more wicked vocals from Beth Gibbons who has such a unique voice as well as tons of electronic drum beats especially in my favorite song "Machine Gun". Now for the warning, this is not an easy listening track that you can just relax too, the last album I mentioned from Thom Yorke is one I could fall asleep too but this one is not that type of album. There are some other great tracks that aren't so hardcore though, "Silence" & "Deep Water" are much more mellow and Deep Water is great with the backup barbershop guys. This album debuts almost 11 years after their last album, so maybe there is more to come in the future. Take a listen and let me know what you think...


Here's the new album:

No comments: